World Vision's Global 6K for Water
GLOBAL 6K BASICS
• Why 6K? - 6 kilometers (3.72 mi) is the average distance people in developing countries walk for water—water that is often unsafe to drink. We move our feet so they don’t have to.
• When? - April 27, 2019
• What? - The World Vision Global 6K for Water unites people all around the world to walk or run 6K, on the same day, for the same cause.
• Why $50? - Through World Vision’s water projects, $50 provides one person with clean water. Your $50 registration fee will provide clean water for one person, for life.
• The Bib that Matters Most - On race day, you (and only you) will run with a unique photo of the child you provided with clean water, a child you can also sponsor.
• Increased Impact - For every person registered, one person in a developing country will receive clean water for life. Plus, when you sponsor the child on your bib, you transform the life of that child forever.
• Every child deserves clean water—and we are committed to delivering it.
• Every day, nearly 1,000 children die from diarrhea caused by contaminated water, poor sanitation, and unsafe hygiene practices—more than from AIDS and malaria combined.
• World Vision is the largest non-governmental provider of clean water in the developing world–reaching one new person with clean water every10 seconds.
• Our sustainable water programs are part of a bigger, integrated plan that gives local people ownership of solutions and addresses every piece in the complex puzzle of poverty.
• Because we invest an average of 15 years in a community, the community feels ownership in the water points and learns to repair them when they break down.
• Our water, sanitation, and hygiene efforts are part of a full plan that addresses the many factors that perpetuate poverty, all under-girded with a desire that people experience fullness of life as Jesus references in John 10:10.
• We believe we will see the end of the clean water crisis within our lifetime.
WORLD VISION’S MISSION
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of
poverty and injustice.
Indianapolis Half + Full Marathon
Join us on this epic journey!
We are running with Team World Vision to help provide life-changing clean water to children and communities in developing countries. But this is not just for runners. If you have ever wanted to do something about global poverty, say YES. You can do this.
Team World Vision provides everything you need to cross the finish line: training plans, weekly email encouragement, fundraising guides and incentives, and an incredible race weekend experience.
In Africa, there is a saying: "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together." Join us and let's go farther together!
World Vision provides more clean water than any nongovernment organization in the world. They work with communities around the world to help solve the puzzle of poverty—providing things like clean water, nutritious food, education, medical care, economic opportunity, and spiritual development.